Job Reference: Person in charge (PIC) Dublin/Wicklow Disability ServicesHouse Manager: PIC2022
Attuned Programmes is a company responding to meet the needs of vulnerable young adults with complex case histories through community, registered residential, and aftercare supports and services. We are currently seeking to recruit people for Person In Charge roles and Social Care Workers for our service in Dublin and Wicklow. The ideal candidates will be highly motivated and have an interest in playing an active role in service development while working within a structured and supportive team. These positions will initially be located in Dublin and Wicklow. Attuned Programmes recognises the inherent individuality of each young adult with its primary focus being on meeting them ‘where they are at in a non-judgmental, non-confrontational manner that supports their developing independence through healthy social relationships wherein the staff team role model and engages with the young adults in a lived environment.
The successful applicant(s) will be supported through induction, supervision, and in-house training to engage and successfully support the young adult both restoratively and developmentally. The role is to support a young adult in developing long-term living skills, a valued role in their community, and exploring employment and educational opportunities. Attuned Programmes respect each individual’s capacity to lead and direct their own care and endeavor to support the young person to take a leadership role in their own choices and life.
General Job Description
The successful candidates will be dedicated and highly motivated; they will already possess high levels of competence and will be able to demonstrate this through their qualification and some experience in meeting regulatory requirements, best practice standards, and ultimately an understanding of the varied needs of vulnerable young people.
Attuned Programmes will provide you with in-depth induction, training, and a developmental style of professional supervision that is in keeping with the ideology of the service while embracing the individuality of each staff member.
- Candidates for the Person In Charge positions need to demonstrate at least 5 years experience in a social care setting. A level 8 Honours Degree in Applied Social Studies and Social Care is preferable for this post. Or a level 7 degree in Applied Social studies with a relevant management qualification.
- Candidates for the Person In Charge position must demonstrate 2 to 3 years Supervisory experience.
- Person In Charge must demonstrate robust knowledge and experience of implementing HIQA regulations within a designated centre.
- Proficient communication skills, IT skills, report writing and planning skills.
- This post is subject to Garda clearance.
- A full clean driving licence is desirable but not essential.
- Candidates must also have a deep commitment to people’s rights and protection and enjoy working in a dynamic and at times challenging environment.
Please forward C.V. and cover letter with reference number to Patrick Fitzpatrick at:
Or send via our careers page